Wednesday, October 5, 2011

7 Things I Could Have Done Without, Today.



1. The alarm going off at 5:45 this morning.

2. The goosebumps I got immediately after shaving in the shower.

3.Getting on the road 10 minutes late, only to discover 10 minutes later that I'd left my wallet at home. A U-turn and 20 minute round trip later, I'm a half an hour late.

4. Noticing my speed in the moment that the cop noticed my speed.

5. Noticing the gas light is on as I wait in my car for the cop to return with my license and registration.

6. Receiving a $300 speeding ticket, along with an "I'm cutting you a break" lecture highlighted by the charming phrases "reckless driving" and "arrestable offense" and "handcuffs.".

7. Pulling away from the cop, traveling exactly two miles, and running out of gas on the side of the highway.



Strangely enough, I'm feeling pretty ok. Poorer, yes. But unaccountably cheerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment