Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dear T(ex)as,

Thank you so much for the visit - it was so great to see you again after so long.

True, you aren't what you used to be. Wylie, when I grew up there, was a one-stoplight kinda place, and now it's so grown up! What is this Chick-fil-a nonsense? And Starbucks?! Are you kidding me?

At any rate, I had a great time hanging out and my time with you made me realize a few important truths -

1. I can't imagine what it must be like growing up as a non-Texan, as my darling baby girl is bound to do. It's a strange, strange world out there and she is going to be just another outsider in your eyes.

2. I need more live music in my life. Hearing it again on a frequent basis really awakened something inside which I'm determined to keep alive.

3. Urban and suburban Texas is uuggglly! I suppose if Texas were beautiful, it would just be overpopulated. I mean really -- cowboy boots, chili, Texas pride, friendly atmosphere, colorful history *AND* beauty? That would just be unfair.

In short, I miss you, Texas. We've been exes too long. What do you say, can we give it another shot?

Sincerely.

No comments:

Post a Comment